Volume 4, Number 14, January 3, 2000
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning.
There is one word underlined in each sentence. Choose the word that is NOT a synonym of that word (in the context of the sentence). If necessary, use a dictionary or thesaurus.
1. Karen has a very attractive smile.
2. I’ll have to revise my speech before it’s ready to be presented.
3. That one foolish act damaged his reputation.
4. Frank has a large collection of rare musical instruments.
5. Please consider the probable effect of the actions you’re about to take!
6. Let’s trail them to see where they’re going.
RHL School - Free Worksheets and MoreCopyright 1999 RHL
RHL School Home